LOVE LIFE ON THE ROAD!!
HOW DO WE MANAGE TO BE INTIMATE IN CARAVAN WITH 3 YOUNG KIDS IN TOW??
We are asked how we manage to ‘be intimate’ in a caravan with 3 kids?
So, how do travelling parents manage to have sex with kids in tow. There is a level of complexity being in a confined space that isn’t appreciated by your average parent. What if they wake? Where do we do it? What if they wake and see us?
But, we manage!! Our sex life has improved significantly since being on the road, we’re less stressed, less tired and have more time to work on our relationship.
Here’s some tips on getting all hot & heavy in your caravan without it being weird while having the kids on board.
1. Make sure your stabiliser legs are down and crank em a few turns to get a bit of weight on them, this makes a huge difference to help everything inside not shake, rattle and roll!! If the van’s a rocking, don’t come a knocking’… Plus your neighbours will know what you’ve been up to when you greet them the next morning.
2. BE QUIET….if you can.
3. Run your kids ragged & enforce an early bedtime. Being on the road full time means that we are not in holiday mode, it’s a lifestyle for us and our kids routinely hit the sack at 7pm. This means Mum & Dad can do the deed knowing the kids are soundly asleep after a big day swimming, hiking or exploring!
4. HOT TIP!!! Make sure you have some sort of privacy, you don’t want the kids catching you in the act doing “ VAN YOGA” under the blankets. We have a concertina door that pulls across the bunk room to segregate the kids bunks from the rest of the van..
5. Go stealth! When your kids are fully distracted, its time for some ‘mummy and daddy time’
6. A large shower in your caravan. “Kids, Mum and dad are having a quick shower together” and its always quick lol.
7. BLOKES – get the snip!! It’s a lot bloody harder to have a quicky in the bunk room when Johnny has to wear a hat every time.
15% OFF NAVIGATOR GEAR – CODE TIAV15
8. An ice cream outside or playing with Lego for the kids gives you a few minutes inside to yourselves. This is called ‘the quicky’..
Good Luck getting your groove on – You might just need it!
Cheers – Justin & Bec
15% OFF NAVIGATOR GEAR
BIG LAP BUDGET
FUNDING OUR TRIP
How we funded our trip and tips for you to do the same
OFF-GRID BATTERY SET-UP
THE ULTIMATE IN FREE CAMPING POWER